International English Language Competency Assessment (IELCA)
B1 to C2
Computer or paper-based
Writing, Speaking, Reading and Listening
Academic & General Training
3 hours (approximately)
IELCA assesses four aspects of English language that include reading, listening, speaking, and writing and offers two routes: Academic and General Training. The Academic module assesses candidate ability to access undergraduate or postgraduate courses in educational institutions, colleges, and/or universities of English-speaking countries. The General Training assesses English language skills in a wide range of frameworks and is also appropriate for people who need English for use in secondary education for immigration purposes, work experience and other training purposes.
Both routes assess four components of the language ability, i.e. reading, listening, speaking and writing.
Who accepts IELCA?
Some examples are below:
- Bangor University
- De Montfort University Leicester
- University of East London
- Maritime & Coastguard Agency, UK
- Italian Ministry of Education (MIUR)
- Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC)
- Conferencia de Rectores de las Universidades Españolas (CRUE)
- College of Europe